This stuffed capsicum recipe is a healthy dish that is also very filling.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 gms Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Cup eggplant, cubed
- 1 Cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1/2 cup olives, halved
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chilli flakes ( can be left out if you don't like too much spice)
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 2 Tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 Cup Greek yoghurt
- Coconut spray
- 4 large capsicum
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray a non-stick pan with coconut oil on high and brown the onion and mushrooms. Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add mince to fry pan and cook until brown, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent mince from clumping.
- Add in the eggplant, zucchini, olives and the tomatoes along with all the spices and cook for 5 mins. Reduce and simmer on low for 15-20 mins
- While the meat is simmering cut the capsicum in half and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray and cook in oven for 5 mins.
- Season the meat mixture with some salt and pepper and spoon the mixture into the capsicum halves. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until the capsicum starts to char.
- Place a dollop of Greek yogurt on top of capsicum and serve on a bed of brown rice/quinoa/cous cos.