This minestrone soup is such a beautiful, healthy winter dish. A bowl of this will fill you up so there is no need to cook anything else.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic infused oil (or use plain olive oil with 1 crushed clove of garlic)
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 2 Zucchinis diced into 1.5 cm cubes
- 1 Potato diced into 1.5 cm cubes
- 1 Leek sliced
- 200g String Beans cut into thirds
- 400g Frozen Baby Peas
- 2 litres Cold Water
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 500g Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 20g Fresh Basil Leaves
- Heat the olive oil and thyme in a large pot then add the peas and warm through.
- Add the zucchini, potato, leek and beans and stir until heated through.
- Add the water and allow it to come to the boil. Season with salt. Once it boils allow it to simmer for approx 15 minutes or until all the veggies are tender.
- Once the veggies are tender remove three ladlefuls of the vegetables and place them in a blender. Try not to get too much liquid.
- Add the basil and parmesan to the blender and blitz until you have a bright green puree.
- Add the ravioli to the minestrone and allow to cook.
- Once the ravioli is cooked through, switch off the heat and add the puree. Stir through and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.