In a bid to help Australians ‘carbdown’ for summer, Helga’s has recruited fitness expert Sam Wood to develop a 30 day meal and exercise plan featuring Helga’s Lower Carb breads and wraps.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Slices Helga's Soy & Toasted Sesame Lower Carb bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped raw almonds
- Olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 Small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons White vinegar
- 1 cup Firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Fresh mint and coriander leaves
- 125g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Small Lebanese cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 40g Fat-reduced feta cheese, crumbled into chunks
- Preheat oven to 1800C.
- Tear bread into bite-sized chunks. Place on an oven tray along with almonds. Spray with olive oil, then sprinkle with spice mix. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place onion and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Drain vinegar from onions. Place onions, spinach, mint, coriander, tomatoes, cucumber, bread and half the almonds in a shallow serving bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic and chili and pour over salad. Toss gently.
- Top with feta and remaining almonds. Sprinkle with a little Moroccan spice mix.