Quick and easy to prepare and delicious!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chinese 5 spice
- Thumb sized knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large garlic clove, Grated
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 50 grams peanuts (or cashews) toasted
- cooked brown rice and wilted spinach or chinese greens to serve
- Arrange thighs in lge roasting tin and slash the skin ( or flesh) 2-3 times on each thigh
- Mix together the hoisin sauce,sesame oil, honey, five spice, ginger,garlic and some seasoning
- Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
Marinate for at least 2 hours , or over night if possible
- Heat oven to 200C/ 180 fan.
Roast for 35 minutes, basting at least once.
- Stir through the nuts and sprinkle the spring onions over the chicken
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes
Serve with brown rice and greens
Notes... You can leave skin on and bone in or, as i did, just use skinless chicken fillets.
I used peanuts (because I burnt the cashews while toasting them...haha) but both would be yummy.
I also fried a little onion in oil and wilted the spinach in this .. adds a little flavour to the greens.