If you have mint growing in the garden you can turn it into home made mint tea! So easy to do and without the heavy price tag of purchasing it through a tea store. The added benefit is that if you don’t spray your mint, it’s organic! This keeps in the cupboard for around 6 months.
Ingredients (makes 250 gram jar)
- 5 bunches mint
- 5 elastic bands
- 1 glass jar
- Pick and wash 5 bunches of mint.
- Dry them and then secure a few stems together with the elastic bands.
- Hang upside down until they are dry (usually a week or so).
- Once dried, remove the leaves from the stems and empty into a blender. Pulse gently a few times to cut the leaves slightly.
- Store in a glass jar out of direct sunlight.