Hummus is one of my favourite snacks of all time, and same goes for the kids. So simple and fast to make (10 minutes!) you can make the hummus up for a homework brain-food treat or make it a day in advance for a sandwich or lunch box dip.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com
- 1 tin canned chick peas, drained
- 1 tin canned chick peas, with liquid
- 2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Place chick peas drained, chick peas with liquid, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into food processor, in that order, and blend until combined.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with turkish bread, pita bread, carrot sticks, or biscuit of your choice.