A delicious chicken recipe that can be prepared the day before and refrigerated and assembled on the day. The tangy chicken is amazing in a summer salad. it makes a lovely share salad to go with a BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 breast fillets Inghams Chicken breast
- half a pkt pre washed mixed leaf Lettuce
- 3 Boiled eggs
- 2 large tomatoes chopped in quarters
- half a large continental Cucumber sliced
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- 100gm cheddar cheese sliced thinly and broken up
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers cut into strips cooked until crispy
- 1 bottle masterfoods honey barbeque marinade
- 100 ml free range egg mayo
- chop the chicken breasts into chunks and marinade in the Honey BBQ marinade over night is best but if you are short on time on the day is fine! Save a little to add some zing to you chicken later.
- cook the chicken breasts until cooked through completely and then place in the fridge. when cool stir through the remaining Honey BBQ sauce for zing!
- cook the bacon until crispy and set aside (refrigerate if preparing overnight)
- Boil the eggs and set aside to cool (refrigerate if preparing overnight)
- place the desired amount of lettuce in a bowl and assemble the salad with tomato , cucumber, carrot ,egg, the cooled chicken, bacon, cheese and the desired amount of mayo! enjoy