This Honey Brioche French Toast is a delicious special treat and a perfect way to start the day or serve at brunch.
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 1 Brioche Loaf
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Light Cream
- Honey (or Maple Syrup if you prefer)
- Preheat a non-stick frypan to a medium heat.
- Slice the brioche loaf into slices 2 - 3cm thick.
- In a large open mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the cream together until well combined.
- Just before you add the brioche to the frypan, add a small teaspoon of butter to the pan and let melt.
- One by one, dip the slices of brioche into the egg mixture and let sit for a minute or two. Place the brioche slice straight from the mixing bowl into the frypan and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Serve drizzled with honey (or maple syrup). Also delicious with a dollop of ricotta or some fresh strawberries or raspberries.