Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2kg Chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Corn flour
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Egg white (for batter)
- 1/2cup Plain flour (batte)
- 1/4cup Corn flour (batter)
- 1/2teaspoon Baking powder (batter)
- 1/2cup Water (cold) (for batte)
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil (to deep fry)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (batter)
- 1 Garlic (to fry)
- 1/3 cup Honey (sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider (sauce)
- 1/2 cup Water (sauce)
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
Batter - whisk egg white and add remaining batter ingredients. Make sure not lumpy or too runny. Add chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sauce - mix all sauce ingredients well and set aside
- Heat up wok. Use oil and fry coated chicken pieces until brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat up pan with some oil and cook garlic. Add sauce mixture add corn powder to thicken adjust salt/ sugar to taste.