Deliciously zesty dessert that is surprisingly easy to make
Ingredients (makes 1 large pie or 9 individual size pies)
- 1 ½ cups Marie biscuits crushed (for the crust)
- 2 TBS tablespoons sugar (for the crust)
- 5 TBS unsalted butter, melted (for the crust)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (for the filling)
- 4 large egg yolks (for the filling)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (for the filling)
- 1 tsp Lime zest (for the filling)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (for the topping)
- 40-50 ml Malibu Liquor (optional) (for the topping)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest (for the topping)
- Method To Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together Marie biscuit crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate, or you can use individual pie dishes. Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.
- To Make filling and bake pie: Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add lime juice and zest, and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly). Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- To make Malibu lime cream: Add cream, Malibu, and zest to a bowl. Beat with electric beater until stiff peaks form. You can now add to the top of your pie. (Best done only an hour or so before serving)