Lovely “shortbread’ style biscuit. Easy to make and yummy with a cuppa!
Ingredients (makes 24 cookies)
- 1 cup Butter- softened slightly
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 eggyolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoos vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg. Cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla til combined
- sift flour baking powder and salt together and add to the butter mixture. Mix together until just combined
- Scoop dough into a cookie press ( or piping bag) Squeeze cookies onto paper lined trays
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just golden Cool on wire rack