These CHIA PIKELETS from Jalna are the perfect breakfast or snack for everyone in the family. Fluffy pikelets filled with Jalna Pot Set Yoghourt goodness and then topped with even more! Add a pile of fresh fruit and that’s a meal that’s healthy, pure and simply delicious!
We loved this recipe from Jalna so much, we whipped it up on video!
You can watch it here:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 ripe banana, smashed into a puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- Jalna Greek Yoghourt to serve
- fresh berries to serve
- Mix chia seeds with 1 tablespoon of water and leave to rest until the chia forms a paste.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and milk until smooth then add the banana puree and chia paste. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Allow batter to rest at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using a large tablespoon, dollop batter into the pan, making sure the pikelets do not run into each other. Cook until bubbles begin to appear; using a spatula, flip and continue cooking until pikelets are golden and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve pikelets with yoghurt and fresh berries.