A delicious muffin that is packed with health beneficial ingredients, coconut is rich in a medium-chain fatty acid that can actually help boost metabolism, turmeric is super great for arthritis, oatmeal is great for cholesterol levels, cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels, creamy Jalna is a super gut friend and well we all know about an apple a day, so hey how about starting the day the Jalna health muffin way.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 3 red apples, skin on, cored
- 30g butter
- 1/3 cup coconut syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 11/2 cups sweet potato flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 340g Jalna pot set yogourt with coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Linel muffin pans with paper cases.
- Cut 1 1/2 apples into 1cm pieces. Cut the remaining apple into 3-4cm slices. Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced apple, 2 tsp coconut syrup and half the ground turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and almost cooked. Transfer to a plate. Melt the remaining butter in the pan and add chopped apple, 2 tsp coconut syrup and remaining turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until almost cooked. Add desiccated coconut and cook, stirring for a further 3-5 minutes or until the coconut is light golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Combine the oatmeal, sweet potato flour, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add eggs, oil, Jalna yogourt with coconut, 1 ⁄3 cup water and remaining coconut syrup. Stir until almost combined. Add chopped apple mixture. Stir to combine.
- Divide muffin mixture among prepared pans. Place 2 pieces of sliced apple on top of each. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.