Spring clean your diet with this delicious jerk chicken with barbecued corn recipe that is only 8 ProPoints value per serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ cup (120g) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup (80ml) cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 500g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- 4 corn cobs
- 4 x 60g corn tortillas
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- Place yoghurt and half the garlic in a small bowl, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the remaining garlic, oil, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger, vinegar and soy sauce in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Place chicken in a shallow bowl, pour soy mixture over the top, turning chicken to coat.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium heat. Add corn and chicken and cook for 12–15 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked and corn is tender.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil and place on a barbecue or chargrill pan for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Thickly slice chicken and serve with barbecued corn, tortillas and cos lettuce, drizzled with yoghurt mixture.