My husband Justin makes these pizzas alot and they are a family favorite
Ingredients (makes 6 12 inch pizzas)
- 15g dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 600ml lukewarm water
- 1 kg quality 00 flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- drizzle olive oil
- Pre heat oven to the hottest temperature it has
- Into a bowl place yeast, sugar and water, and mix thoroughly to ensure yeast is fully dissolved.
- Place flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the middle, and pour in the yeast mixture, and a drizzle of oil. Mix all together using a wooden spoon and/or your hands, to bond the mixture. Remove from bowl, and kneed to form smooth dough.
- After the dough has risen, divide into 6 even pieces and roll into balls. Leave the dough balls to rise again for at least an hour (place into bowls and cover with glad wrap to prevent drying out)
- The dough can now be stretched out on a floured board into rough pizza shape. Don’t use a rolling pin as this squashes the air out of it, and prevents from the crusts rising.
- Only spread pizza sauce around the middle of the bases leaving a 1-2cm ring around the edge so the crust rises and crisps up. Lightly oil around the edges using a pastry brush to help crisp the crust.
- Place on desired toppings, and then put into the oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes