A hearty pasta sauce that I am very proud of and is a family favorite.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 1 medium Zucchini, grated
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1kg Beef mince
- 3 TBS Tomato paste
- 2 Cans Crushed tomatoes
- 820g can Tomato soup
- 1/4 cup Red wine
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 250ml Beef stock
- Italian herbs
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- salt & pepper
- Add some oil to the pan, then the onions and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes until translucent
- Add the mince in and cook for a few minutes until almost completely cooked through – then add in the carrot and zucchini. Cook for a further few minutes
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, paste, wine, herbs, stock, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt & pepper. Stir until combined then simmer for 30-40 minutes over the low heat.
Notes... I make this and freeze in individual bags for hassle free dinners as I just pull a bag out of the freezer, heat it up, and cook the pasta and it's good to go!
Can be made in the slow cooker. I put it on low for 6 hours