I was bored the other day, so had a play around in the kitchen and came up with these golden triangles filled with ricotta and feta cheeses & pumpkin pieces
Ingredients (makes 8 Large triangles)
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin, diced into tiny cubes
- 1/2 small Red onion
- 1 1/2 cups Baby spinach, cut into fine strips
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 100g Danish feta
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Garlic (top taste)
- 2 Sheets Puff pastry
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan and add in the pumpkin and onion. Cook over a low heat until softened (around 5 minutes)
- Add in a small amount of crushed garlic and the baby spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the spinach wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Mix the ricotta and the Crumbled feta together and season with pepper.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in with the ricotta mixture, and gently fold to combine
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw, and cut each sheet into quarters.
- On each square place 1 ½ TBS of the filling in the middle, and ensuring none of the filling is too close to the edges, fold the top over diagonally to make a triangle.
- Seal the edges by pressing down with a fork, and brush each one with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish
- Place onto a lined baking tray and cook in a moderate oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown