I made up this recipe as I was craving veggies, but wanted something a bit different. It's easy and delicious…even if I do say so myself!
Ingredients (makes 2 Tarts)
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- Garlic Powder
- 10-12 Kalamata olives
- 1 small Zucchini, diced into small chunks
- 1/4-1/2 cup Sundried capsicum strips, drained
- 3 Mushrooms, diced
- 1 Cup Pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 small Red onion cut into small chunks
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Italian seasoning
- Danish fetta
- Salt & pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw, and fold each sheet into halves. Fold over each side to create a ‘wall’ around the outside. Prick the middle a few times with a fork. Set aside
- Place all the vegetables into a fry pan with a small amount of oil and gently heat through.
- Stir through the herbs, and garlic powder, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Carefully divide the vegetables between the 2 puff pastry bases, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg, and cook in a moderate oven for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked and golden
- Remove and immediately drizzle with balsamic glaze and then top with crumbled feta and rocket