I made this recipe up for my 10 month old son as he loves eating with his hands and trying new things. I wanted a recipe that was easy, had lots of veggies and that froze well, and this ticks all the boxes! He loves them!
Ingredients (makes 12 small patties)
- 2 medium potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1 large carrot grated and all moisture removed
- 1 medium zucchini grated and all moisture removed
- 1/4 cup cooked pumpkin in little cubes
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 pieces short cut bacon diced
- Italian herbs (small amount)
- garlic powder (small amount)
- Boil potatoes until soft. When done and cooled slightly, mash or put through a ricer if you have one
- Add all veggies, cheese, bacon, herbs garlic powder and egg and mix well.
- Add in about a 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko) and about 2 Tbs flour and mix well
- Test the mix by seeing how ‘sticky’ it is. You want it to be quite ‘dry’ but still be able to roll into a ball without it breaking up.
- Add in more breadcrumbs and flour until you have the desired consistency.
- Roll into balls and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pour a small amount of oil into a pan and then add the balls- squashing each one to flatten into a patty shape.
- Cook both sides until evenly golden brown.