This Kids Lasagne is a healthy version of lasagne that my family love. I normally double this recipe and freeze for a frantic day.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 600g beef mince
- 6g crushed garlic
- 400g canned tomato soup
- 160g baby spinach
- 140g fresh lasagne sheets
- 7g chopped basil leaves
- 125g ricotta crumbled
- 180g parmesan cheese finely grated
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 1tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2tbs dried italian herbs
- 375ml water
- 25g tomato paste
- Brown mince, add garlic, Italian herbs, tomato soup, tomato paste and 375ml water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30mins or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place spinach in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Soak for 30 seconds then drain - set aside to cool.
- Spread small amount of meat over the base of a baking dish. Top with lasagne sheets, continue until you have used all sheets. Scatter over the spinach, basil ricotta and parmesan on top.
- Bake for 35-40mins or until golden brown. Set aside for 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Mix salad leaves and balsamic vinegar together.