When you think of kiwi fruit, you probably don’t think of it as the perfect accompaniment for fish. Well, this delicious recipe for kiwi fruit fish marinade will be sure to change all of that.
Adding a fresh, fruity kick, the kiwi fruit completes this dish, and is the perfect lunch or dinner meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Come on try it, we dare you.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 4 cloves, organic black Tasmanian garlic
- 1 fresh green chilli, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 pack snap frozen Wild South Seafood flat head fillets
- Remove Flathead fillets from the freezer and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare all ingredients for the marinade aside from the Flathead and combine together in a bowl.
- Add the Flathead fillets and leave to marinate for 4- 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, remove the Flathead fillets from the marinade and heat the stove to a medium heat.
- Grill evenly on either side (cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of the fillets and the temperature of your grill).
- Serve immediately alongside a fresh garden salad.