This recipe comes from a kiwi friend who insists this is authentic New Zealand shortbread.
Ingredients (makes 30 -50 biscuits)
- 250 grams Butter, softened
- 140 grams Pure icing sugar
- 140 grams Cornflour
- 280 grams Plain flour
- Line baking trays and chill in the fridge.
- Cream butter and icing sugar.
Sift the flours together.
Mix flours into butter mixture - do not over mix.
- Roll into logs, about 4-5cm diameter.
Wrap in cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Slice 5mm slices from the logs and place on cold baking trays.
Prick with a fork.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm but still pale.
Notes... Authentic shortbread has no colour.
This shortbread can also be rolled out.
Number of biscuits will depend on the thickness of your cuts.