A very quick and easy dinner to use up leftover meat from a roast the night before! You can also add the leftover roast veggies if you like, sometimes I add peas for colour.
Ingredients (makes 4 portions)
- Left over pork or chicken from roast
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cabbage
- peas or another veggies
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Cook rice. While rice is cooking:
- Chop left over meat into small pieces and put aside in a bowl with the soy sauce over it.
- Peel and dice onion and carrot and chop cabbage into small pieces.
- Drain cooked rice.
- Fry onion in oil. When cooked add cabbage and fry till soft. Add carrot for a minute then add meat and rice.
- Cook on high stirring all the time. You may need to add bit of oil to stop it from sticking. Serve when it is all cooked and hot.