Build yourself a great kids party with these bright and fun Lego Cookies! So much fun to make … and eat!
Ingredients (makes 40 Lego pieces)
- 175g Plain flour
- 100g Chilled butter, chopped
- 85g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- Assorted M&M minis
- FOR THE ICING
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Put the flour, butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk in a food processor. Dribble in 1 TBS water, and blitz until the mix comes together to form a dough.
- Place onto a work surface, and knead briefly to bring together, then wrap in cling wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out onto a floured surface, and using a sharp knife, cut out rectangles to represent the Lego.
- Place onto a baking paper lined tray, and cook in a moderate oven for approximately 12 minutes. These cookies will still look quite pale when they are done - don't overcook or they will be dry and crunchy. Allow to cool on a wire rack
- To make the icing, mix a very small amount of water bit by bit to the icing sugar until a smooth thick paste (icing) has been made. Divide into smaller bowls and using the food colour, make each one a different colour
- When cookies are cooled, spread a layer of icing on top and using the M&M minis, place onto the cookies to make them look like Lego.
- Allow to dry for an hour or more before serving