A fresh, lemony tasting biscuit that makes the perfect afternoon treat.
Ingredients (makes 36 Biscuits)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp grated lemon rind (I like a strong lemon taste so I use 2 tsp)
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Add the milk and vinegar together and set aside until needed (this will make sour milk).
- Beat the butter, sugar, egg and lemon rind together until smooth. Add the flour and sour milk. Mix together until well combined.
- Put teaspoon lots on the tray, flattening, allow room for spreading. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray to cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: ice with a glaze made from approximately 3/4 cup icing sugar and 1-2 tbls of lemon juice. Mix until smooth and spread on each biscuit. Sprinkle on grated lemon rind.