A delicious home made lemon butter, perfect for your morning toast or for children’s sandwiches.
Ingredients (makes 4 Small jars)
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 2teaspoons Grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups White sugar
- 250grams Butter cubed
- Put the eggs and sugar in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and rind, then the butter in cubes whisking for about 20 minutes until the mixture is smooth and thick. (Don't allow the mixture to boil).
- When the butter coats the back of a spoon without running off, it's ready.
- Pour the lemon butter into warm sterilised jars and seal straight away, then refrigerate.