This tasty not-too-sweet zesty cheesecake is the perfect way to round off the perfect meal, or just for a special treat.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 250g Arnott's granita biscuits (or ginger biscuits)
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 can Nestle evaporated milk, chilled overnight in refrigerator
- 1 packet lemon jelly crystals
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 packet cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 lemons, juice and rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Crush biscuits and add to melted butter and press into a 9 inch spring form cake tin. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Dissolve jelly in hot water. Add lemon juice to make up 1 cup of liquid and also add lemon rind. Whip evaporated milk until very thick.
- Beat separately the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Fold into beaten milk. Fold in warm jelly and lemon mixture. Pour into case and chill 24 hours.
- Decorate with very thin strips of glaced lemon peel.