Moist flavoursome cake.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- Lemon zest From 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 125g Melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbs Lemon juice (for glaze)
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar (for glaze)
- Lemon zest Lemon zest (for glaze)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line loaf cake tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (apart from the glaze ingredients), and mix well with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth
- Pour the mix into the cake tin, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and the skewer comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to get too brown but isnt cooked through yet.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin until warm. Remove from the tin and place onto a wire rack.
- While still warm mix all the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.