A tasty and moist roast chicken that is simple to prepare but tastes amazing
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Ingram’s whole chicken
- 2 Lemons, cut into thick slices
- 1 whole Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Melted butter
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry with paper towel, removing as much moisture as possible. Remember to also dry inside the cavity
- Scrunch up 3 golf size balls of alfoil and place in the bottom of the slow cooker, and also place 3 slices of the lemon in there as well
- Remove 2 cloves of garlic and crush. Mix it with some olive oil and the melted butter and set aside.
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with all but 3 slices of lemon, and the remaining garlic.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker on top of the lemon and alfoil.
- Baste the top of the chicken with the butter/oil/garlic mix. Season well with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with thyme.
- Place 3 slices of lemon on top of the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then for another 6-7 hours (depending on size of the chicken) on low or until cooked through
- Remove from slow cooker, remove lemon from the top of the chicken and put into a 180 degree oven for 10 minutes to crisp and brown up the skin. Serve immediately after