This chicken has a fresh flavour and is simple to do.
Ingredients (makes 1 Split chicken)
- 1 Inghams Whole roast chicken, butterflied
- 1 Lemon, zest and juiced
- 2 TBS Fresh Oregano, chopped finely
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- Garlic crushed (to taste)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Lemon for serving
- After butterflying the chicken, wash the inside, and pat dry with paper towel
- Combine the lemon zest & juice, garlic, oregano, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and combine well
- Place chicken flat into a baking tray, and pour over the marinade. Massage it into the chicken, making sure to cover the whole chicken. Allow to marinade for 2-3 hours
- Pre heat your grill (we used our hooded BBQ with the lid down) and lightly brush with oil. Grill the chicken for approximately 50-60 minutes turning half way through, until golden and cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken, what type of grill you use etc.
- Allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with home made wedges, salad and slices of lemon