A quick and easy no-bake slice that still delivers a sweet treat with interesting flavours.
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 1 tin of NESTLE condensed milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 200g plain sweet biscuit
- 50g glace or "naked" Buderim ginger
- 200g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Chocolate Melts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash lemongrass and slice long-ways in half and then into quarters. Empty condensed milk into saucepan and heat with lemongrass over a low heat until it just boils. Place a lid on, cool and the refrigerate for at least 12 hours so the milk takes on a stronger lemongrass flavour.
- Crush biscuits into a fine crumb. Chop ginger finely and combine with biscuit. Warm milk and lemongrass until milk is runny, then remove lemongrass (reserve - see note). Add biscuit ginger mix to milk and stir to combine. Press down firmly into tray.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Add vanilla extract then spread over slice. Refrigerate until firm then cut into slices. Store in fridge.