Ingredients (serves 12)
- 185g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180g NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark CHUNKS
- Baking Cocoa
- 1¼ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 360g NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Milk CHUNKS
- 250g butter
- 500g punnet of strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan-forced. Grease and line a 20cm deep round cake pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together; then reduce speed, until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time then beat in NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark CHUNKS.
- Fold in sifted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Baking Cocoa and flour alternately with milk.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake 45-50 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- While cake is cooking, combine NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Milk CHUNKS and butter together in a small heat-proof bowl, microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until spreading consistency.
- Cut cake in half and sandwich together using ¼ of icing mixture.
- Spread remaining icing mixture over cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Decorate with strawberries Note: Allow cooling time.