A healthy and filling salad, perfect to share!
Lovely served either cool or warmed up.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 1/2 cups Whole green lentils
- 1 pkt Quinoa w lemon and thyme
- 1 Leek
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Lemon to serve
- Pinch Mixed herbs
- Prepare lentils. I tend to cook in water and simmer for approx 45 mins or until tender and water absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare quinoa. This time I used a preprepared packet and followed the instructions on the packet. Cook quinoa and allow liquid to be absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Sauté a leek, finely sliced, then add a carrot which has been cut into thin slivers using a peeler. Add a generous pinch of mixed herbs to enhance flavour.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, combine carefully. Store in fridge until ready to serve. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top to serve. Can be served either cool or warm.