Yummy desert. Sweet and tart.
Ingredients (makes 1 x 22 cm tart 8-10 serves)
- 250G packet Granita Biscuits (or another sweet biscuit of choice)
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- MANGO CURD FILLING
- 1 Medium mango
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 125 grams cold, unsalted butter ,finely chopped
- Lightly grease 22 cm spring form tin
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed
- Add melted butter. Process until combined
- Press crumbs over base and around 2 cm up the sides of tin Refrigerate
- To make curd, cut cheeks from mangos and scoop out flesh. Cut flesh from stone.
- Place all flesh in a blender and blend until pureed ( you will need 3/4 cup)
- Whisk egg yolks,sugar and cornflour in heat proof bowl until smooth. Stir in juice.
- Sit bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until slightly thickened
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter until combined.
- Stir in puree
- Pour into prepared base. Refrigerate 6 hours or over night until firm
- Serve with whipped cream, berries, and/or passionfruit