A very quick recipe to enjoy with the family.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 500 g beef and pork mince
- 1/2 cup multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- mixed dried herbs
- 1 container cherry bocconcini mozzarella
- 700 ml tomato passata
- Mix the mince with the breadcrumbs, the egg, some salt and mixed dried herbs.
- Form little balls in your hand and press one cherry bocconcino inside. Cover nicely with the minced meat to enclose filling.
- In a big pan add the tomato passata, then gently put the meatballs in.
- Let it cook for around half an hour on the stovetop.
- Serve it with peas, or mashed potatoes.
Notes... Store the leftover passata in the fridge and use it to season a plate of pasta the day after. :-)