Menemen is a traditional Turkish breakfast recipe, best enjoyed with Turkish pide or a crusty bread for dipping into the meal. Traditionally it would be served with tea, cheese and olives.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, peeled and diced finely
- 1/2 Cup Turkish Mild sucuk, sliced thinly
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in saucepan and add onions, cook until soft. Add the Sucuk and heat through.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook until the liquid has reduced.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and stir. Once the eggs have cooked season with salt and cracked pepper.