A quick, easy and tasty dinner invention to warm you up this chilly season
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Chicken breast, diced
- 400g black beans, washed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 spanish (red) onion
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- Mexican Spices to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Chilli paste to taste
- Ground Paprika, Cumin and salt to taste
- Rice to serve
- Avocado to serve
- Slice one onion into large pieces and brown off in a pan on medium-high heat with mexican spice mix, chilli paste, garlic, paprika, cumin and salt.
- Add chicken, fry for 10 minutes, and add tomatoes. Slice one lime in half and squeeze juice into pot, dropping the two halves into the pot as well, along with the coriander. Add black beans and simmer for 20 minutes until sauce is reduced.
- Serve with optional rice and garnish with sliced red onion, sliced avocado and lime slices.
Notes... For a lighter meal, mix with cauliflower rice.