Sushi fusion, fun sushi rolls, full of Mexican taco flavours and the healthy veg kids love, dipped in taco or sweet chilli sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 sushi )
- 250 gms Inghams Turkey Mince
- 1/4 Green Capsicum - finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot - grated
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 - 3 Tbs Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 cup Lettuce - finely shredded
- 1 cup (extra) Carrot - grated
- 1/2 -1 Avocado - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Taco Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cheese - grated
- 2 large Lime & Chilli Wraps or Tortillas
- Combine the Inghams turkey mince with the capsicum, red onion, 1/4 cup of carrot, 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce, taco seasoning mix. Mix well.
- Divide the mix into 3, form each into a ball, roll each ball into a sausage shape, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 1/2 hour. ( Do this early in the day and cook later, less work at busy dinner times)
- Heat a non-stick frypan, add a tiny bit of oil, cook the turkey sausages, turning carefully, to brown on all sides, continue cooking on med heat until done.
- Spread a little sweet chilli sauce on each wrap/ tortilla. icluding the edge (this helps them stick together), top half of each wrap with lettuce, carrot, cheese & avocado, place a turkey sausage in the centre of the filling. Carefully roll into a sushi roll, place bamboo skewers through 2cm apart, using a sharp knife, cut the roll between the skewers to form sushi.
- Serve with taco or sweet chilli sauce to dip, can be served hot or cold.