This chicken casserole is delicious and you can easily make it in the Philips all in one cooker instead of on the stove.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Chicken breast or thigh fillets, skin off and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Onions, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 4 tblsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Slivered Almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 Flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- In a zip lock bag combine the paprika and flour. Add the chicken pieces and toss to combine.
- Add 1 tblsp of the oil to a frypan, heat and then brown off half the chicken, remove to a plate and set aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken and another tablespoon of oil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the frypan and cook until softened. Add the coriander, cumin and cinnamon and stir for 30 seconds. Add the stock, chicken plus any juices and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Take off heat, stir through the lemon juice. Add the almonds and parsley and gently stirred through. Serve with yoghurt, extra lemon and cooked cous cous. Enjoy!