Americans love their choc chip pancakes so how about making MILO Pancakes an Aussie thing.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Milo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, milo and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- In an electric frypan, or nonstick pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Spray generously with cooking spray. Drop dollops of the batter onto the hot pan. Once bubbles form, flip the pancakes once and continue cooking 1 to 2 more minutes until the pancakes are cooked throughout.
- Serve with topping of your choice ...we topped ours with a dollop of cream and a sprinkling of Milo. YuMm.
Do hope you EnJoY!
Notes... Do not overmix the batter or the pancakes will be dense and flat rather than light and fluffy.