This delicious dessert will satisfy your sweet-tooth!
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 80 g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thick vanilla custard
- 50 g melted dark chocolate melts
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine the canola spread and ⅓ cup (80ml) water in a small saucepan. Heat over high heat and bring to the boil. Stir in the flour, beating with a wooden spoon for 1 minute or until the mixture comes away from the side of the pan to form a smooth ball. Transfer the dough to a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters, beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round nozzle, pipe sixteen 7cm lengths of mixture, at least 2.5cm apart, onto the prepared trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through, for 15 minutes or until golden. Turn oven off. Leave the éclairs in oven, with the door closed, for 2 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the gelatin and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Stir the gelatin mixture into the custard. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cut éclairs in half and top each of the bases with 2 teaspoons of the custard mixture. Spread the melted chocolate over the pastry tops. Replace the pastry tops.