These were so much fun to make with my sons new doughnut maker he got for his birthday, easy, quick, cost effective and you know what’s in them. Lots of fun for everyone. Also nice that they are not deep fried.
Ingredients (makes 26 )
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain flour
- 1/2 Cup Caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 125 grams Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- In a large bowl, stir flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Add butter, egg and milk and beat with an electric beater until mixture is thick, smooth and creamy.
- Pre-heat your donut maker for 4-5 minutes. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the mixture evenly into each mould (or doughnut oven tray see notes).
- Cook for 2 minutes or until doughnuts are golden brown and soft to touch. Carefully remove the hot doughnuts from the doughnut maker and place onto a wire cooling rack.