Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 24 mini rolls )
- 500g Sausage mince
- 200-400g Crushed pineapple
- 2 Green apples
- 2 Egg
- 4-6 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Peel and grate apples.
- Combined grated apple, crushed pineapple, 1 egg and sausage mince into a large bowl and mix. (Clean Hands work best)
- As needed add small amounts of bread crumbs. This is to make the mince not too soggy. Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut pastry in half, place sausage mince along the long side not to thick. You should be able to roll completely so the pastry overlaps.
- Whisk 1 egg, using a brush lightly coat the top of the roll. Cut into desired sizes and place evenly spaced on to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in to oven on 180°, cooking time will depend on oven but 20-25 minutes is standard, checking twice and turn if needed to avoid the tops buring.
- Allow to cook and serve.
These can also be frozen before cooked.
Notes... These are great for snacks or anytime, kids will love the fruity twist.