You can use other fruit too – blueberries, raspberries etc. I also dust the top with a sprinkle of icing sugar.
Ingredients (makes 36 meringues)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Whipped Thickened Cream
- 36 Pieces of fruit - cherries or berries -something small
- Preheat oven to 130 degrees. Place 36 mini pattie pans onto a flat baking tray.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually add sugar beating until it is dissolved.
- Place mix into a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle. Pipe into the cups, leaving a small hole in the middle.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Once cooled, fill with cream and cherries