A healthy alternative to have for dessert. Fresh light flavors that are sure to please your guests
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3/4 cup Raw cashews
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 fresh dates,pitted and chopped
- 135 ml can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup mango,peeled and chopped
- 1 table spoon coconut oil , melted
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- pinch ground turmeric
- Place cashews in a large bowl. Pour over enough cold water to cover. Set aside for 4 hours hours or overnight to soak
- Line 4 individual small cake tins with plastic wrap to hang over the sides , smooth as much as possible
- Place walnuts and coconut into a food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add the dates and process again until finely chopped and mixture is firm
- Spoon evenly among tins and press down with the back of a spoon. Place in freezer to set ( approx 30 mins )
- Drain cashews and place in a blender with coconut cream,chopped mango, coconut oil, maple syrup,lime juice and turmeric
- Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Divide evenly between the pre prepared bases. Smooth the surface and place in freezer for 3 hours or until firm
- Remove from freezer and set aside for 5 minutes. Transfer from tin to serving plate and let stand for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
Top with raspberries, mango ,mint and or cream ( your choice !)
Notes... This dessert is easy to make ,It only really takes 20 minutes to make the time comes in allowing time to soak the cashews and freeze the base. . Plan ahead is the key. We love it because it's not too sweet and it's healthy! It is not frozen as such when you eat it but still just a little icy.