These Bliss balls are healthy, easy to make and really yummy! My two year old helps me make the mixture, and loves eating the "purple cake' as he calls it afterwards! A great snack if you're in a hurry or to grab a couple of you have no time for breakfast.
Ingredients (makes 14 Balls)
- 1 cup Mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup Gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Desiccated coconut (plus extra to decorate)
- 1 TBS Coconut oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until you get a sticky dough. If too dry, add a few drops of water. If using frozen berries, allow to thaw on a piece of paper towel to absorb some of the juice. You will also need to add in more oats as frozen berries are a lot ‘wetter’ than fresh. Just add in a bit by bit until its able to be rolled into balls and hold its shape.
- With your hands, shape the balls using 1 TBS mixture per ball. Optional: coat with shredded coconut
- Let set in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.