Quick, easy, tasty and healthy. great for lunch boxes! (freezes well)
Ingredients (makes 24 large muffins)
- 2 bacon rashers, trimmed
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1tsp oil
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 2 tbs sweet chilli
- to taste salt, pepper, parsley and basil
- Pre-cook diced bacon. Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius (170ç fan forced). Line or grease muffin pans (mix makes approx. 12 large and 24 mini muffins)
- Mix flours and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre add milk, oil, egg and mix well.
- Drain excess juice from zucchini and add to mix along with bacon, cheese, sweet chilli and herbs.
- Spoon mixture into pans. Bake for 25minuts or until golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack
Notes... Using the base muffin mixture (step 2) you can then add what ever you like!