This super easy, super tasty Moroccan Chicken Quinoa recipe makes the most of this super nutritious grain. High in folate and zinc, quinoa is ideal for pregnant Mum’s or those trying to fall pregnant and also makes an easy healthy meal for the entire family.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1.25 litres water or stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp raisins
- Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Place chicken breasts in a saucepan with 750ml water or stock (or enough to cover breasts well). Bring to the boil and simmer for around 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from saucepan and set aside.
- Place quinoa and remaining 500ml water or stock into a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with a fork and stir through remaining ingredients adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred chicken breasts and stir through quinoa mix. Serve with an extra sprinkling of fresh coriander.