My mum used to bake this lemon meringue pie every Sunday as a treat after our baked dinner.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 1 Pie)
- 1 can Nestle Condensed Milk
- 1 sheet Shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice and rind grated
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites for meringue
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees (170 fan forced). Place pastry in greased pie dish and blind bake for 10 mins until almost cooked.
- Mix lemon juice, condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon rind until combined and pour into cooled pie shell.
- Whisk egg whites with small amount of caster sugar until firm peaks form. Spread over lemon filling and bake for around 30 mins, until filling is set and meringue is golden brown.