This is a lovely twist to cheese on toast. Very colourful and a tasty quick snack or light lunch.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g button mushroom sliced
- 200g baby kale, wash and towel dried
- 90g brie, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 slices of sourdough bread lightly toasted
- 1 pomegranate seeds taken out as garnish
- Use a tea towel to gently wipe the mushroom to take off any debris (please do not wash in water because it will make mushroom spongy and lose its unique flavour).
Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat, add mushroom and sauté till soft.
- Add baby kale and salt, stir to combine evenly. Turn off the heat when the kale is wilted.
Cut pomegranate in half, and scoop seeds out over a bowl so you can catch its juice while doing so. Toast bread lightly and place onto platter.
- Add mushroom and kale evenly to toasted bread, place cheese on top. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over.
Notes... A really simple but sophisticated hot toasty meal in very little time and minimum preparation, but maximum satisfaction.